Powered By Blogger

What can happen here.

This is a site for discussion...about addictions, addictive behavior, relationships and other aspects of addictions.

It is also a place to discuss educational concerns in general, or specifically.

Let's see what develops as we move forward with a respectful and informative process.

Lina Liken, Ed.D., CAP

Do you, your friends, or your family have issues or questions about addictions? Let's talk.

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Issues of abuse

Just thinking today...how many homes have turmoil due to abuse of something....is it just our normal, and we live with it, or are we allowed to desire change and improvement in that setting? What do you think? DrL

2 comments:

  1. DrL, I have lived in a household with substance abuse from my teenage years on and I desire change everyday. I finally thought I had escaped it when I moved out of my parents house away from my brother only to end up loving someone else with a substance abuse problem. The abuser desires change as much as the rest of us, at least in my cases. I do feel like this is the "norm" but I continue to enjoy my life and live each day to the fullest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alexis, when abuse has been part of your normal, that sets the trend for relationships, even when you are not aware of it. If the abuser is willing to do 'whatever it takes' then change can happen. You have a super plan to live one day at a time. Have you been active in a recovery plan for those who love those who abuse? Thank you for your comment. DrL

    ReplyDelete